Portfolio

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Confession.

I have a confession to make--I am not perfect and I am learning and changing everyday.  With that being said, you may notice some changes coming to my blog, website, style, etc.  I am trying to define my style, something that I have had a difficult time doing the past year because I was more concerned with mastering light and direction. 

So, what is my style??  I have been asking myself that a lot lately.  I used to think my style was "fun, bright, modern, artsy."  Well, the longer I shoot and the more I develop, the more I realize that is not me at all.  I am finding beauty in rich colors, pure images, soft edges, and interesting light.  I like the image-editing process, but I don't like to HAVE to do it to make my images unique. I want my photos to speak to people without the mask of "super" editing.  Do I use Photoshop and Lightroom?  You bet.  Do I have to edit some images more than others at times.  Absolutely.  Do I want people to know me as the "girl that is good at photoshop?"  No way.  In my mission to define my style, you may notice my images becoming more "simple" and speaking a softer language.  You may notice more subtle lighting effects.  More dramatic emotions.  Less forcing what I think the image should say.  I will let my photos speak for themselves. 

I hope you all have been enjoying my work.  I am growing more and more with every photo session.  I love what I do and I will continue living and breathing photography every chance I get.  If you like what I do, spread the word.  If you don't like what I do, that is okay too; I don't like every piece of art I see either.  I love criticism and critiques, so feel free to share!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! Just stopping by from New Friend Friday! Beautiful photos, and good for you for taking some time to figure out your style. That's something that is never easy, and in my experience, you need to "try on" alot of different things before finding the right fit. Just be sure to enjoy the process ! :)

    ReplyDelete